I made a decision a long time ago that money wasn’t going to be my greatest pursuit in life. I pray the Proverbs prayer (30:7-9) about God providing for me with just the right amount, meeting my needs. Too much and I might forget Him. Too little I may become desperate and dishonor Him. There have been many times when adversity pays me a visit where I begin to question my sanity for praying that prayer, but it always is overcome with the truth: God provides for our needs. It’s because I don’t focus on wealth that my mind can take in God’s word and make it relevant in today’s world. As this proverb states, I’d rather live by God’s standards, being guided and provided for, than have my insides tearing me apart trying to figure out why joy evades me because there is no room inside left for God.
16 Better to have little, with fear for the Lord, than to have great treasure and inner turmoil.
Proverbs 15:16
7 O God, I beg two favors from You; let me have them before I die.8 First, help me never to tell a lie.Second, give me neither poverty nor riches! Give me just enough to satisfy my needs.9 For if I grow rich, I may deny You and say, “Who is the Lord?” And if I am too poor, I may steal and thus insult God’s holy name.
Proverbs 30:7-9
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Too Much…Forget…Too Little..Dishonor…
I made a decision a long time ago that money wasn’t going to be my greatest pursuit in life. I pray the Proverbs prayer (30:7-9) about God ...
-
With the world striving for comfort, peace, and stability, our behavior plays a large role determining if we receive it or not. When we thi...
-
Here’s one fact about God that makes a huge difference in the life of a believer: God knows us better than we know ourselves... and still l...
-
To live a disciplined life one must humble oneself in order to submit to this lifestyle. In order to learn one must set aside his pride, wh...
No comments:
Post a Comment